Wednesday, July 30, 2014

A Call From Home

Eid Mubarak!
It was Eid yesterday after one whole month of fasting & obviously I tried to compensate by eating LOADS of food & now I have a bad stomach.Well deserved,I guess.Eh,I don't mind though.Its EID!

I live in Dhaka,capital of Bangladesh.Most of the people who live in Dhaka they don't originally belong here(Including my parents,but I was born & brought up here).They are from different parts of the country,living in Dhaka to maintain their jobs.Because ours is a small country & you get the best education,job opportunities & medical stuff in Dhaka.Most people here are Muslim(Which I find very curious because in the British period,it was a hindu-dominant area).So when Eid comes,80% people leave Dhaka,to celebrate Eid with family in their ancestral village.And by family,I mean EVERYONE.Siblings of your parents,their cousins,their children,their cousin &..okay I am confused now.

Anyways,there is approximately 2 crore people living in Dhaka,which is like 20 millions,& I should tell you,Dhaka ain't got much land.So yeah,you can imagine the congestion & traffic when most of those 20 millions try to leave Dhaka in 2 days.Oh wait,if you don't live in Dhaka,you CANT.

Obviously,there is not enough seats on train,bus,launch or plane.Every year the government says " We have adequate transportation this year." Yeah,sure.

So people go CRAZY.They will sit on top of trains,bus & launches,hell they'd even sit on top of planes if they could,to celebrate Eid with their family,to reach HOME.

People die EVERY YEAR.Every freaking year.They don't even care.If you ask them why are they willing to take risks they'd be like "Its EID."Do I blame them?Unfortunately,this is a gray area for me.And guess what,I hate gray.I can't justify taking risks & dying but on the other hand,I know that you just can't resist the call from home.Where you grew up,the place which holds so many memories,so many moments that will never return.And Eid is supposed to be celebrated with family.Without family there is no 

significance of Eid. And as most of my cousins moved to the States,I feel it very very. ;-;(Mistake is intentional,yo)

So yeah,people take risks.They even die.Just to answer a call from Home.Maybe its stupid,but you know.


-Mourin!















                                                                                                                                                             
                                                                                      (Siting between train carriages like a BOSS) 

No comments:

Post a Comment