Sunday, July 13, 2014

Life Does Not End Here

I don't know where to start.So I assume you have heard about the disaster?(No I am not talking about Palestine,I could not gather enough courage to write about that) I am talking about the Brazil-Germany semi-final.Germany beat Brazil by 7-1.I had been praying for Germany alright,but I am SURE I didn't pray for this.
Let me get this straight,I am not a Brazil supporter.And I was giving pretty evil laughs when the Germans scored goals after goals.But when the camera went towards the crying faces of Brazilian supporters,I could not help but feel sorry for them.Brazilian government spent BILLIONS of dollars for this world cup.All this from a country where the whole family uses just one dram of water,all this from a country where there is riot going on outside those gorgeous stadiums.People of Brazil must have thought,all these sacrifices would be forgotten when the world cup comes to Brazil.Unfortunately,the dream of winning the world cup 2014 is no longer achievable.When the Brazil vs Germany match was towards the end,the camera would turn from the field towards the crying faces of Brazilian supporters.And I could not help but place myself in their position.I know what it feels like,when your country loses,when the dream is so close but yet so far.I know what it feels like when Lumos become Nox.(Bangladesh vs Pakistan Asia Cup Final,2012,Bangladesh lost by 2 runs).
I know,Germany deserved to win,but Brazil did not deserve the humiliation,they did not deserve their dream to be shattered like this.However,it is Brazil we are talking about.Brazil WILL come back stronger,it always did.I can say.Here is to the people & supporters of Brazil,Never Stop Dreaming.As the defender of Columbia,Andres Escober once said,"Life doesn't end here"

-Mourin

P:S:Sorry I had some issues with my internet,so I could not post this earlier.



No comments:

Post a Comment