Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Leaving The Nest

You know,during winter,lots of birds from foreign country come to our country.Bangladesh's winter is pleasant,not too cold,not too warm,sunny & beautiful(okay maybe I am biased).People of Dhaka go to Jahangirnogor,outskirts of the capital,to stare at the birds like weirdos,because that's where most birds gather.We are so amused by it that try to feed the birds,poke the birds,even try to catch one for our young.The birds go back to their country after Winter is over,because Spring in Bangladesh is oh-so-hot.While we enjoy oogling(random word my friend made up) at those birds,we never think about it deeply.

Birds like the place they live in no matter how crappy it is,I suppose.But sometimes,it is essential to leave.They travel thousand & thousand miles across the globe.And the journey is not easy.They get killed,sometimes get electrocuted,also get eaten by cats.But they still carry on.They still carry on toward uncertainty in search of a better life.I have heard people say its great to watch them go.That its sort of a strange bird-ey signal when all at once,the birds decide to leave.

I have been procrastinating this post for a few days because I don't want to..confront it.Confront that I'm leaving.Leaving everything behind.That I'm leaving the nest.

-Mourin

(I leave for United States on the 8th of August,in search of a new life.
Who knows what will I encounter?Maybe I'll get eaten by a cat. )


1 comment:

  1. If you get eaten by a cat, please let it be Chairman Meow.

    ReplyDelete