Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Year of Rewrites

I am gonna go all cliche and talk about the year that is about to end. I know it is very overrated, but when you look back on New Years Eve, you realize the person who woke up on New Year's day and the person who is looking forward to another brand new years is different. The difference could be all most negligible, the difference could make all the difference (see what I did there?),but it is there, hanging in the chilly December air,waiting to be acknowledged. It's funny how much life could change while our beautiful little planet completes one rotation around it's very average star. One year is not even close to a fraction is cosmic time,but enough to rewrite our live

I remember waking up on January 1, 2014 thinking "Wow,I'm leaving Bangladesh this year. But I still have 7 months left." The next thing you know, I'm on the plane,leaving Bangladesh forever. I feel like I have talked about this a lot, but it never seems enough. Moving halfway across the world was obviously the star event of the year,but lots of other things happened to. I had lots of changes to cop with,lots of sacrifices to make, this year has been a year of sacrifices. You know,the typical American Dream. It sounds really crappy,but you know, I chose this. Chose to make the sacrifices,chose to rewrite my life in the mere hope that it would help me in the long run,that I would be one step closer to achieve what I want in my life. 2014,the year I chose to grow up. And the biggest lesson of this year, achieving your dreams come with a big price. The price sometimes seems like bigger than what you get in return. But then you remember who you want to be,and you realize the sacrifices are a part of becoming that person.

That being said,let's hope 2015 brings me closer to my dreams and you to closer to yours. At the end, all we can do is work hard and hope.
Let's hope I survive the dreaded Junior year.
Happy New Year.
-Mourin

No comments:

Post a Comment