Tuesday, August 5, 2014

About Dust & Shadows

Why I named Dust & Shadows,Dust & Shadows?Well,I am into books.Like I am a book-worm.And I read this special line,quote whatever you say in The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare.

"Pulvis Et Umbra Sumus. We are dust & shadows."
Since then,it kind of got stuck in my head.It is just one line,that says it all.That we were created from dust & we will go back to it.Our existence,its nothing,if compared to the age of the universe.That one day we will return to our real form,and there will be no one to remember us,there will be no proof that we ever existed.I guess John Green can explain it better than me.

“There will come a time when all of us are dead. All of us. There will come a time when there are no human beings remaining to remember that anyone ever existed or that our species ever did anything. There will be no one left to remember Aristotle or Cleopatra, let alone you. Everything that we did and built and wrote and thought and discovered will be forgotten and all of this will have been for naught. Maybe that time is coming soon and maybe it is millions of years away, but even if we survive the collapse of our sun, we will not survive forever. There was time before organisms experienced consciousness, and there will be time after. And if the inevitability of human oblivion worries you, I encourage you to ignore it. God knows that’s what everyone else does.” 

"Dust & Shadows" represent what's inevitable.What will erase everything about us,everything we ever did & everything we knew.It represents our ultimate result.

And this blog is like a journal to me.What will remain even when I'm gone.A little part of me.A part of me that will endure. Even when there is no me.

-Mourin

No comments:

Post a Comment