Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Something to be grateful for

I don't know how to start.
It is snowing.
I repeat, it is snowing.
It might not be as exciting for you as it is for me, but keep in mind I have never seen snow before.
DO YOU WANT TO BUILD A SNOWMAN? (Sorry,couldn't help it, the white things falling from the sky keep distracting me)

SO Thanksgiving break officially started a few hours ago. It is my first time celebrating thanksgiving, though I knew about this holiday I have never given much thought to it. Now that I think about it, this holiday seems important and unnecessary at the same time.Why unnecessary? Because you don't need a specific day to be thankful.Why important? Because we need to realize we take somethings for granted which should not be taken granted for.

What are you thankful for? Most people would say family or friends. I am thankful for my family and friends, thankful for the sleepless nights I have spent with my family just remembering the old days,but this thanksgiving I have a new thing to be grateful for.


This thanksgiving we had this online thing where we put the things I need and some family member will buy them for me. But I had to think like for 20 minutes to decide what I wanted, and it made me realize I don't NEED anything. I might WANT things, but they are just mere luxury. I mean,sure I want an iPhone 6,but do I ACTUALLY need it? No. When we actually think about what we need, it takes us a long time to decide (I mean,what object or stuff). Belonging in the middle class, I think most of our needs are emotional rather than objective. Having to THINK about what we need is something to be grateful for,don't you think?

Let's be thankful for the things we take for granted.

Happy Thanksgiving!

-Mourin

No comments:

Post a Comment